There's a group writing project running this week on 7 things I am thankful for http://tinyurl.com/5sfywq - by @lgedeonI'm thankful to have made friends like Joanna from all over, and introduced them to my little field here in Oklahoma. (Joanna asked about the title, Out Standing in My Field. Behind my house is a real wheat field. When I took a picture sitting in it, I decided to use that old pun for the title of my personal blog.)
I don't have space on my blog to write a post this week, so I'm going to tweet mine instead... Coming up.
I've also given mine a social media focus: 7 social media things I'm thankful for
1. The opportunity to learn each day from material freely shared, generously given, in this place we call the blogosphere
2. Learning, joyfully, with a most unusual and entertaining set of authors at JJL www.joyfuljubilantlearning.com
3. Flickr. The chance to share a window on my world, and peek into yours. Not to mention the positive feedback people there give you. [Find Joanna at Flickr.]
4. The creativity, inspiration, learning, nonsense and fun that comes from conversations with all of you on Twitter
5. Knowing a community of people who'll go out of their way to do something like project comment 100 for a friend http://tinyurl.com/68b5ch
6. My blog readers. Where'd I be without them?
7. Having a network of friends online who have become just that: friends. Thank you.
Photo by Joanna Young, used under a Creative Commons License.
yeah Becky! yeah Joanna!ReplyDelete
And, I am thankful for those connections.
Wow! That was fast!ReplyDelete
Thanks for capturing these. I will be linking to this post on Thursday.
Becky, I was so touched that you put this up for me. Thank you.ReplyDelete
And I love both the word play of out standing in my field... and the thought of you there, watching the world, feet firmly on the ground.